Sunday, May 3, 2015

Start of new project

After a bit of a break and doing real-life renovations (not completed yet, but well underway) the pictures of all these tiny homes on Pinterest intrigued me and the idea of using old shipping containers to build a home grabbed me!
And once I started scouting the internet I was amazed at what was already done by some very creative folks. I saw as well that Paris Renfroe already made wonderful single units - but I want a house that works, not single rooms!! Needless to say - in the same quality ;-)

My plan: something small with one bedroom, using two 6m x 2.45m containers (it is either that or a 12m monster). It is a tiny home measuring less than 30m2! So, not much space to play around with - maybe I best have a look at Ikea how they furnish small spaces like this :-)

It rained all weekend and it was perfect to draw some plans on 3D Live Interior...
The 3D view then resulted in something like this:



Bird's eye view puts it all into perspective
Next steps:
  • electrical plans
  • finding the corrugated siding in scale
  • figuring out which parts of the house can be moveable so see inside..


That will keep me busy before I can start building ;-)



2 comments:

  1. Nexgrill or Weber both are Finest. Although Weber is older than Nexgrill, the features and qualities in both the same burner model categories are mostly similar. And when you have to choose one Nexgrill vs Weber, it is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our best overall pick, the Shark IZ462H Vertex DuoClean PowerFins Stick Vacuum, is lightweight, cordless, and has a self-cleaning brush roll to prevent tangling.

    Here are the best vacuums for carpets, backed by our testing.

    ReplyDelete